- About Us
- International Affairs
- Intensive English Program
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- IEP Alumni
- Pathway Program
- Support Programs
- Cultural Programs
- Faculty & Staff
Customized Short-Term Language Program
The Applied Language Institute (ALI), at Missouri S&T, is ready to help you develop a short-term language program to meet your needs. Our customized short-term language programs improve communication skills through a mix of guided instruction from language specialists, community experts, and faculty members. Participants will also gain a personalized, hands-on experience that will allow them to lead, discover, and meet the global challenges of our time. Attending preparatory classes, such as the Gearing Up for University Success or the GRE Preparation Workshop, are examples of short term programs that our institute already offers. However, our aim is to help you create a language program that fits your desires about learning, living, and experiencing American culture your way.
We provide an immersive learning environment, which, combined with the Ozarks outdoor experience, help participants gain skills designed to:
- Develop necessary communication skills in today's global world.
- Improve presentation skills using contemporary techniques through guided instruction.
- Experience interactive American culture.
- Expand awareness of best practices in American leadership, academic internationalization concepts, entrepreneurship and global competencies.
*Focused lectures can be developed to meet our audience's needs, for example, we can provide STEM activities.