- About Us
- International Affairs
- Intensive English Program
- Support Programs
- Cultural Programs
- Faculty & Staff
A pathway to Missouri S&T
- Eligibility Requirements
- Unique Features
- Ready to Apply?
What is the pathway program?
The pathway program at Missouri S&T is a program where students can concurrently enroll in both regular academic credit bearing courses and English language classes.
Students who meet all admission requirements at Missouri University of Science and Technology except English language proficiency are admitted into the pathway program. They take mainstream academic credit bearing courses in their academic department and English language development classes in the Intensive English Program to improve their English language proficiency.
Students admitted into the pathway program can choose any academic courses in their academic degree program during their first semester as long as the total number of credit hours do not exceed the pathway program’s allowable limit. Pathway Program Academic Enrollment Hours
- Students meet Missouri S&T’s admission requirements except English language proficiency.
- Students meet one of the following English language proficiency requirements:
- TOEFL iBT: 60 or above
- IELTS: 5.5 or above
- PTE: 50 or above
- English language proficiency testing results from Missouri S&T
Unique features of the pathway program
- Students take academic courses with regular mainstream students at the university during their first semester on campus.
- Students improve English language proficiency while taking academic credit bearing courses in their academic program.
- Maximum amount of time allowable to remain in the pathway program: 3 semesters
- Pathway program is unavailable in the summer due to the limited number of courses offered at S&T.
Ready to Apply?
Ready to apply? Click here!