What is the Pathway Program?
The Pathway Program at Missouri S&T allows students to concurrently enroll in both academic courses and English language classes during their first semester on campus.
Students who meet all admission requirements at Missouri University of Science and Technology except English language proficiency are admitted into the Pathway Program. They take academic, credit-bearing courses in their academic department and English language classes in the Intensive English Program.
- Students meet Missouri S&T’s admission requirements except English language proficiency.
- Students meet one of the following English language proficiency requirements (scores may vary by academic department for graduate students):
- TOEFL iBT: 60 or above
- IELTS: 5.5 or above
- PTE: 50 or above
- Duolingo: 95 or above
- English language proficiency testing results from Missouri S&T
- Students participate in their academic courses alongside mainstream students, starting at their first semester on campus.
- Students improve English language proficiency while taking academic credit-bearing courses in their academic program.
- Students may participate in the Pathway Program for up to three semesters.