Immigration and Visas

Issuance of an I-20:

If you request an I-20, you must submit a certified bank statement verifying that sufficient funds are available for the duration of the Intensive English Program (IEP) period. Please see information on IEP financial requirements.

If admitted to the Intensive English Program, you will receive a letter of acceptance and an I-20 (Certification of Eligibility). Instructions for use of the I-20 and details about the required New International Student Orientation will be included with the I-20 packet.

Applying for a student visa and preparing for your consulate interview:

In order to receive the visa required for international travel you must follow all conditions required by the American embassy or consulate and your government regulations.  To check this information, visit the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs website.

Review this particular website for information on obtaining the appropriate student visa for you. You can also find information on the website about scheduling and preparing for your visa consulate interview.  If you have questions about obtaining a visa for language studies, you may contact a staff member in International Affairs at